When I was in yr11 at my old house I cleaned an old avocado seed and planted it in my backyard in a prime position and watered it most diligently (for me anyway). Unfortunately because of my limited gardening knowledge I hardly dug much soil around the seed (I think the seed sat in about a 5 cm diameter of ploughed soil). I was so excited and watched it grow heaps- it grew about 10 cms tall and was starting to get a few small leaves at the top.
Then one day after school I came home to water it- and it was CHOPPED down to half it's size!! The gardener had come in classtime and mowed over my avocado tree!!!!!!!!! MAN I remember that day. My poor mum.. trying to console her hysterical bratty daughter who was insisting that the gardener be fired because he couldn't see that twig sticking out of the ground. hehehehehe ~~~
Well anyway I went back to my old house today. That avocado tree is enormous now. It is taller than me and has flowers on it. My mum said it will be ready to produce avocadoes next year for sure.
It is incredible what grows from something so small and can produce so much. It is truly God's work, what is unseen but is definite and is there! I love avocados. Jesus is the best.